Thursday, February 2, 2012

Senior Spotlight: Jeff Crawford

Artist Statement
Much of what we know about cultures is what its people have left behind; artifacts. My desire is that my work will one day become an art'in'fact, and my lineage will be carried on. My attraction to creating with metal and stone has to do with their inherent properties and capability to withstand the perils of time. Through the use of these materials I am becoming more intimate with my roots, using materials my ancestors manipulated to leave a footprint of their existence. The more I discover about my heritage, the more I discover about who I am. The work is an investigation of my Scottish genealogy; it is a reflection of where the surname Crawford came from, and who these people were.

Jeff Crawford 2012


No comments: